In the gospel assigned to be read this Sunday in church, we hear the story of a group of people who approach the disciple Philip and say, "We would like to see Jesus."
- fasted from creed, and feasted on faith?
- fasted from discipline, and feasted on worship?
- fasted from habit, and feasted on love?
- fasted from the splendor of the past and feasted on addressing the crises of today?
- fasted from "heirloom faith" and drank deeply from "living fountain" faith? and
- fasted from authority and feasted on compassion?
And isn't that what -- who -- people want to see?